Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: DD's birthdya at AGPNY-Long

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Kitzka's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 15th, 2004
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I meant to post earlier in the week about our experience at AGPNY last week but it has been hectic. So here it is, from last monday.

    Back from lunch and it was so much fun! We got to go to the special Felicity/Elizabeth room and the items are SOOO nice. I pre-ordered Elizabeth' riding habit and holiday dress and cloak for DD. The other things she can get or people can get for her but I wanted to make sure I got the 2 or 3 things she really wanted.

    I let each girl pick out 1 small item for their "goody" item. Jillian (DD's friend who does not collect or have an AG) picked out Coconut and has decided that she wants a doll of her own. I am sure her mother will be so pleased (insert devil head here, if I knew how). Carrie, other friend who does collect AG, had a harder time choosing something. What she really wanted was the girl sized Licorice's best fiend outfit but I was not willing to buy it for her. She got very upset and I nearly had Matt bring her to the car. She has been through more than her fair share of hardships BUT I was not going to be walked on by a 7 year old. So, matt (the big softie) took her aside and talked to her about her feelings. And why the dress was too much. Luckily she listened to him and picked out the AGPNY new red short pj set. (for dolls). DD picked out Elizabeth and her accessories ($ from grandma and gandpa), kit's bedding and the doll tote. Carrie remembered that her dad had given her money to pick out something for Kailey and she got her Kit's PJ's.

    Then we were off to the Cafe. Let me tell you. The cafe is something else. People were lined up for what seemed like miles and miles to get in! . It was not all that bad but I feared there was going to be a problem becuase the hostess did not seem to have a record of DD's birthday party in her book. So i got my table number and worried for the next 30 minutes that DD was not going to get the cake or her birthday song sung.

    Well, lunch was GREAT! the only bad thing was they were out of the tic tack toe pizza that the kids wanted and Kailey and Jillian had to get chicken fingers and Carrie had to get the mini burgers. I hope next time they have the pizza.

    The girls hardly ate any of the food. it was so much that DH and I could have shared one plate and it would have been more than enough! DH was embarassed to ask for the left overs but each girl barely ate one of the chicken strips and they gave each of them 3!

    The kids were not realy into the mini cinnamon buns nor were they that keen on the veggie tray. They did like the pretzel sticks but Dh and I were left to eat everything else except for the cheese.

    I was very surprised by the speediness of the wait staff. They really have the meal down to a science. no dilly dallying there! After the left overs were brought back, I was very excited to see them coming with Kailey's cake. Kailey was very surprised and the kids at the tables around us were very interested in what was happening at our table. A few parents asked to have cake instead of the mousse dessert. They were disappointed to learn that it was not an option. I could see a few of the other moms wondering why we were getting that cake since some of them were also there for birthdays.

    the cake was YUM but the pieces were so huge. the girls mainly ate the ice cream and either the chocolate or vanilla section of their cake. The girls were happy to collect their flowers and hair holders. everyone put it on at some point. each person also got 'party favors' which consisted of a AGP notepad, stamp pad, stickers and photo frame.

    Over all it was great, but we never got the doll sized cups and plates. The girls did not notice so I did not make a huge deal about it.

    Kailey loved it and people were ooing and aweing over the Kit birthday dress that Kailey was wearing. it is really longer than it appears in the pictures but Kailey kept stepping on it (when she would stand up) so I "hemmed" it. basiclly i tucked the hem up. it does not look quite as nice as it does at full length but I did not want to worry about Kailey tripping on her own hem.

    Phew! it was a long day and I am actually looking forward to going to work tomrrow! Photo link is below. We did not take a ton of photos in the store becuase it was way too crowded and I was busy trying to keep track of DD and her friends.

    Lara

    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2121927699

  2. #2
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, what a wonderful birthday!! I know your DD and her friends had a terrific and memorable day! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Hope you had fun, too! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lara, great pics!!! Kailey looks like she had a blast!!!! congrats on Elizabeth!! [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How cute to see the other cafe girls looking at the cake! Thanks for sharing the photos - it looks like the girls had a lovely, memorable time. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    Julia

  5. #5
    Evette
    Guest Evette's Avatar

    Wink

    Nice pictures! Your daughter is so adorable!
    Her Kit dress is sooo...cute! [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member kitti515's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    352
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Your daughter is so precious! I want to have my birthday at AGP now, too. [img]wink.gif[/img] Thanks for sharing her party with us!

    - Becca

  7. #7
    Inactive Member musicismyradar's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 18th, 2005
    Posts
    127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh my goodness! You're daughter is adorable! The pictures are great! Looks like she had a great birthday.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member ErinGoBraugh's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Posts
    182
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What a great party! Your daughter looks adorable in her Kit dress! Glad you all had a good time. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    O how cute! I love the girl sized Kit's dress!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •